The Liebster Award
Guess what you guys?! I have been nominated for The 2017 Liebster Award! Thank you so much to Danielle from This Mayberry Life for nominating me. Its such a sweet honor. I have been discouraged from blogging for years because its kinda scary putting yourself out there on the Internet and being vulnerable to someone critiquing your every word and ultimately your heart. I gotta admit though, giving in to my fears, that was a huge mistake! Since starting my blog, I’ve discovered how much you, my readers, who are basically just my real life friends at this point ;), truly support and care for me. It’s been so humbling to see so many of my friends and family eagerly offer up their praises and encouragement… and to my shame, I was embarrassed to even share my desire to blog with people, because I thought everyone was just going to laugh at me. Through blogging, I’ve also learned that the blogging community is awesome! I’ve found so many blogger friends that just want to help and offer nothing but kind words and friendship. So, THANK YOU!
What is the Liebster Award:
The Liebster Award is an award that exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
Isn’t that so awesome! Its such a nice way to help small blogs get some recognition and a huge boost of confidence. There is technically no “winner” which allows for several blogs to be showcased.
Thank you Danielle
Danielle is a small town momma of 4 and loves her small town life, hence the name This Mayberry Life. (Danielle, I think we were cut from the same cloth. I’m definitely a small town girl at heart.) I felt so inspired when I read about this single momma and her mission to overhaul her life, as she puts it, and secure a healthy lifestyle and financial stability for her and her family. You can read about Danielle’s journey on her blog. Thanks so much Danielle you, for sure, are a flourishing momma 😉
I’m sure you’ll find something inspiring from each of these ladies. 🙂
10 Random Facts about me:
- I mentioned I worked as an designer but I also did something polar opposite… I was a sailor. Yep, I am a U.S. Navy Veteran. It’s kind of shocking to most people, even me, I still can’t believe it when I think about it.
- I used to think when people would sneeze that I was supposed to say “blushew” instead of “bless you”… I had no idea what I was saying for years. HAHA
- I met my husband volunteering at an orphanage in Romania and ended up having to evacuate the town because of a storm. We ended up on the same speed boat and had a blast racing back to our ship and getting completely soaked by the humungous waves that probably could have swallowed us up. It was like a scene from the best romance movie ever <3
- I LOVE PBS Masterpiece shows!!! and I’m not a huge tea drinker but when I watch Downton Abbey, I feel inspired and I gotta admit I feel a little more sophisticated when I have a cup of tea.
- I grew up in California, thinking I’d never get to travel but I’ve lived in Florida, Washington, Virginia, and now West Virginia and I’ve been to Mexico, Hawaii, Ireland, Scotland, Italy, Sicily, Romania, Bulgaria, Turkey, Cypress, Croatia, Spain, and Crete. (Mostly Navy related opportunities)
- I am head over heals for my man 😉
- I decided on March 22, 2009 that I’d no longer continue to live my life the way I thought I should, but that Jesus would be my Lord and I’d live by His lead.
- My “happy place” is curled up at home with a warm cup of joe and my babes by my side. (Babes = Mark-hubby, Layla-daughter, Mitchell-pup)
- I once (like 6 months ago) learned the beginning part of the Eminem song “lose yourself” so I could surprise rap it for my husband in an audio text when he had to be away. (I scored major points for that one btw ;))
- My biggest fear was not being able to have kids, and I had to face that fear when I was diagnosed with PCOS and my body wasn’t responding to medications that “work.” I ended up quitting all the hormones and got pregnant through prayer and acupuncture and I think getting a puppy helped too. 🙂
Questions from Danielle
- What is the most extreme thing you have ever done? Joined the Navy was probably the first and then surrendering my life to God was the 2nd extreme thing a few years later.
- What is that one post made by you that you like the most, and why? Beauty in the Eye of the Creator because I was most vulnerable and I got to share my heart. I also felt a warm response from my readers which makes me want to post more things like that.
- If you could ask one person one question, what would it be and who would you ask? I would ask Joanna Gaines if I could spend a week or two with her and just follow her everywhere and learn from her how to focus on a business and family.
- Who inspires you to be a better person? For sure Jesus (also my husband and my daughter)
- How did your blogging experience get started? I had wanted to start a blog but never really knew where to begin. One morning after returning to work from maternity leave I got up super early and just started writing everything on my heart about being a mom. I’ve never published that…Maybe I should, but it was then I realized I had a lot to say about my motherhood journey. I emailed my friends and family to let them know what I was going to do and I got a ton of support that way before I even shared my blog.
- What is your favorite quote? I’m not sure this would be my favorite quote but I’ve been using this phrase to keep me going lately and that is “done is better than perfect”
- What is one life lesson you will never forget? Being authentic and having integrity in what you do goes a lot farther then being who you think people what you to be.
- Who/what blog would you love to write a guest post for? I’m honestly not sure about this one.
- What advice would you give to a new blogger? Go for it! Don’t overthink or take it too seriously, just have fun and learn by doing.
- What makes you laugh out loud? My husband Mark, pretty much everyday and I couldn’t say what it is that makes me laugh, other than him just being him.
Thank you for reading friends! I know this is a different kind of post and I honestly wasn’t sure if I’d want to take part, but I’m glad I did because it gives me the opportunity to thank you and introduce you to a couple of other great bloggers. I appreciate you so much! I hope this post helped you get to know me a little better and I would love to get to know you better. You’ve heard 10 random things about me, tell me something about you. I can’t wait to hear!